Tuesday 5 April 2011

Problems with Opening Sequence

My opening sequence is going well so far, other than the dream idea, which after trying to play around with further, trying to change the order and working on how the shots go into the dream, still arent working as well as they could. Therefore, after feedback from other people who agree that the dream isn't working as well as it could, I have chosen to make some slight changes to the idea. Instead of it being a dream, I have chosen to make the character someone who has been missing, but the idea of her still being followed will still come through.

Instead of having the dream at the beginning I have decided to have a group of missing photographs of girls, that will be shown through panning and close ups, as if someone is following or watching them. I will still have the idea of the girl being followed in the woods, but as it goes further into the sequence I will keep showing flashbacks to the posters, emphasising that the girl is missing. I will also mess up the missing photographs as it gets further into the sequence so that they look like they are getting more damaged, with the photographs being screwed up and also having writing on them, which I hope will add to the suspense and tension of my sequence.

I feel that these simple changes will still work well with my opening sequence. The dream idea wasn't being shown strong enough but I feel the missing posters will add more of a dramatic, tense and mysterious feel to the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment