Friday 1 April 2011

Existing Typography- Saw

Saw II Poster
This is another film where I think the typography works well again and stand out clearly. I found this image again on the IMBD (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432348/) and I particularly like how the typography plays with the image. The film is Saw 2, which the two is emphasised from the two fingers. And then there is only the typography left on the image. I like this idea as I feel that the font stands out well. The font itself is interesting as the lettering isn’t all completely level or the same size, which I think makes the lettering more mysterious and of a horror genre. The colour of the typography is something else that I think stands out, as it is more of a brown, old fashioned colour, which again I think relates to the genre. This is something that I will experiment with as I like how the letting isn’t all exact which I think looks interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment