Friday 1 April 2011

Exising Typography- The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Poster
Similarly to the Harry Potter cover, The Dark Knight's typography is smaller in comparison but it is centralised. Again I found this image on the IMBD website (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/). The whole image overall appears to be fairly distant, which therefore the typography fits in well. The actual fonts of the words are simple and the letters are separated out a fair bit, which I think makes the title stand out further. I also like how there seems to be an icon throughout, which has been used over some of the lettering of the title. I like this idea as it seems to be representing a symbolism to the film, which i think is a good idea. I like the look of the font and it is definitely something that I will consider when I produce my own typography as I feel it could work well with my sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment