Tuesday 29 March 2011

Conventions of a horror/ thriller film

For my opening sequence I feet it is ideal for myself to make sure it has many of the stereotypical conventions of a horror/thriller opening and openings in general. Within my opening sequence I will include a soundtrack which will be fairly dark and dominating, which is one convention of a horror and thriller film. I will also use fast paced clips, cutting quickly between the clips to make sure that they are fast paced and dramatic.

There are several conventions of a horror and thriller film. These include:
-Quick editing, cutting rapidly between shots in fast paced parts of the film
-Slow, dramatic moevements and shots to emphasise suspense
-Deep and dark music to bring more drama to the film
-A dramatic, serious plot; lots of suspense and scaryness
-Credits

Although I am only producing the first two minutes of my opening sequence, I hope to achieve many of the stereotypical conventions in order to make sure that the genre comes through within my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment