Monday 28 March 2011

Types of shots within my Opening Seqence

For my opening sequence I have chosen the genre of horror/thriller. From this I produced a mood board which I detailed with types of shots, rough timings and drawings of what I wanted to happen in each shot. The type of shots I chose were important to me as I wanted to make sure that my genre was evident, which I felt the shots, the timings and editing with different style of fades would help to empahsise.

Within my opening sequence I am aiming to use several shots, remembering to make sure the continuity is good. I have chosen to use several longs shots, medium shots, panning, close ups, establishing shots and extreme close ups, which I will work on the timings and speeds of the clips to make sure that some are rapid and fast paced, but some are slow to emphasise suspense; which are the stereotypical conventions of a horror/thriller movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment